Monday, February 11, 2013

Nightstand: Before & After

Happy Monday!

Our weekend was filled with projects, and some more projects - I just LOVE checking things off the to-do list!


I showed you a quick peek at my "new" nightstand makeover last week (along with the inspiration for the entire room), but thought I'd bring you full circle with the full-meal deal before and after.


It was a spray-paint gone bad experiment from someone else clearly when I got her - a mix of gold and copper.

A little too regal for my taste.

So duh, I painted it white.


And I'll be honest - I first tried using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Pure White, but it was so streaky that I hated it.

Gasp.

I know. As a DIY'er, I'm supposed to love this stuff right?

Well, I'm a novice at best, and got some great advice from this gal, and am not throwing in the towel yet.  But for this little guy, I was eager to put him to work, so I just finished it off with a flat white spray paint.  Distressed and sealed the top.


I love the details.


And I didn't realize until I uploaded these pics, that I accidentally put this bottom handle back on upside down.  Eh, whatev.  Versatile hardware. :)

This room is slowly, but surely, taking shape!  And I'm starting to love it!


Linking to:
Design, Dining, & Diapers
Shabby Art Boutique
Under the Table and Dreaming

5 comments:

  1. Yep, I noticed the hardware but I thought it was a new design or something:) You did a great job on it, love the distressed part of it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great transformation, the white looks great on it! Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the power of paint, especially white. Your nightstand turned out really pretty. I'd love it if you would link this up to my new linky party, "What We Accomplished Wednesday." It is live right now. Have a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew that furniture could be spray painted? What kind of spray paint did you use? Was it a satin or flat finish?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok. So I dont read very well. I see that you used a flat finish.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram It

About Me

My Photo
I married my best friend in 2006, and we started a family in 2010. Our house is still a work in progress in becoming a home - who knew there would be so many projects with new construction?! I love flavored coffee creamers, reality TV and anything Husky sports-related. My confession is that I only make boxed cookies, don't do grocery delivery (they don't have samples!), and am slightly obsessed with being a mom to boys.

Follow by Email

Search My Blog

Loading...